On September 18, following a two-month investigation, Federal Serious and Organized Crime - Gander executed a Controlled Drugs and Substances Act search warrant at a residence located in the community of Appleton. A 37-year-old male was arrested without incident and taken into custody.
Items seized during the search included the following:
- Approximately 8 ounces of cocaine
- 429 methamphetamine 'ICE' pills
- A quantity of oxycodone pills
- $8180.00 in Canadian currency
- Two brass knuckles
- One switch blade
- One pound of marihuana
- A 22-calibre prohibited handgun
- Five long guns unsafely stored.
The 37-year-old male is scheduled to appear before a Provincial Court Judge in Gander today at 1:30 pm. Multiple charges are anticipated. The investigation is ongoing.