On Sept. 6, 2019, at approximately 1:09 am Pelican Narrows RCMP received a complaint of a disturbance at a residence involving a potential firearm. No shots were reported to have been fired.
Upon arrival at the residence, officers were informed that a vehicle with persons involved in the disturbance had just left the scene. Officers immediately located the vehicle a short distance away. Officers were able to stop the vehicle by boxing the vehicle in with two police cars. There were five people in the vehicle. Two males exited the vehicle and fled on foot, but were stopped by the officers and arrested
A subsequent search of the vehicle revealed a prohibited firearm and a small quantity of alcohol in the vehicle.
Keiston Robin Custer (DOB: 1996-07-07) is charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code:
- Possession of a Prohibited weapon;
- Careless Storage of a weapon;
- Point a firearm without lawful excuse; and
- Resist arrest, and several other offences.
Ovide Issac Michel (DOB: 1998- 09-15) is charged with the following offences under the Criminal Code:
- Possession of a prohibited weapon; and
- Commit an indicatable offence with a firearm and several other offences.
Custer and Michel have both been remanded in custody and will appear in Pelican Narrows Provincial Court on Sept. 10, 2019.