On August 23, Eskasoni RCMP searched a home on Richard Ave. in Eskasoni and seized a quantity of hydromorphone, a firearm and cash.
Quentin David Poulette, 27, of Eskasoni, was arrested without incident at the home and remains in custody. He is scheduled to appear in Sydney Provincial Court today. He has been charged with:
- Possession for Purpose of Trafficking
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Firearm When Unauthorized
- Weapons Possession Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance x 5
The investigation is ongoing and the Eskasoni RCMP continue to request assistance from the public to address issues related to illicit drug use in the area. To report suspicious activity, call Eskasoni RCMP at 902-379-2822.