On September 19, 37-year-old Shannon Ledrew of Appleton appeared in Provincial Court in Gander to face multiple charges following a two-month investigation by RCMP Federal Serious and Organized Crime – Gander, which resulted in the seizure of illicit drugs and multiple weapons.
Charges include the following:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking Section 5(2) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking methaphetamine Section 5(2) CDSA
- Unsafe storage of firearm Section 86(2) of the Criminal Code
- Careless use of firearm Section 86(1) of the Criminal Code
- 3 charges of unauthorized possession of prohibited weapon Section 91(3) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of loaded prohibited firearm Section 95(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of firearm without proper licence Section 92(1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of firearm obtained by crime Section 96(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
Items seized during the search included the following:
- Approximately 8 ounces of cocaine
- 429 methamphetamine 'ICE' pills
- A quantity of oxycodone pills
- $8180.00 in Canadian currency
- Two brass knuckles
- One switch blade
- One pound of marihuana
- A 22-calibre prohibited handgun
- Five long guns unsafely stored.
The accused was released on an Undertaking with multiple conditions and is scheduled to appear in court again on December 10, 2019 at 09:00 am in Gander. The investigation is continuing, with further charges anticipated.