Apply now for a psychologist position. Positions are available across the country and with various language profiles.
Lifeline to a healthy workplace
Psychologists play an important role in RCMP police services. They deliver services that help keep our RCMP officers safe and healthy.
Psychologists protect RCMP officers from the impacts of psychological risks by:
- Identifying and evaluating issues as early as possible
- Reducing stigma and fostering a caring culture
- Helping those with psychological health problems return to their best health
What the work involves
You will perform psychological assessments of RCMP officers. This includes but is not limited to:
- Reviewing medical files
- Conducting clinical interviews, including administering recognized psychological tests
- Identifying areas that need intervention
- Educating officers on psychological health
- Making recommendations and referrals
You will also have access to regular and timely peer meetings for case discussions and consultation.
Top reasons to work for the RCMP
- Regular working hours (37.5 hrs/week) with the possibility of flexible work hours
- Great benefits such as
- sick leave
- family-related leave
- health and dental plans
- pension plan
- Worry-free parking at most locations
- Free use of RCMP facilities, such as gym, pool, skating rink, and indoor track (varies by location)
If you want to make a real difference in the lives of others, and help keep Canadians safe – this is the career for you!
- Date modified: