RCMP Family Violence Initiative Fund
The RCMP Family Violence Initiative Fund is currently accepting applications for the 2020–21 fiscal year. Submit your application by March 13, 2020.
Supporting communities and victims
The RCMP Family Violence Initiative Fund helps communities respond to relationship and family violence and victim issues.
Objectives of the fund
The fund helps to:
- Promote awareness of relationship and family violence
- Assist victims of family and relationship violence
- Support RCMP crime prevention programs
- Prevent crime in Indigenous communities
How to use the fund
Examples of uses of the fund include:
- Activities that prevent high-risk groups from reoffending
- Presentations or workshops to increase public awareness
- Activities that help victims of crime develop coping skills and resilience
- Training for sexual assault investigators
The fund does not cover any salary dollars or multi-year projects.
Who can apply
You can apply for funding if:
- You are a front-line RCMP officer
- You are part of a community partner organization* with a mandate to respond to and reduce incidents of family violence
*Coordination with local RCMP services is required.
How to apply
- Since 2004, the fund has supported almost 400 initiatives across Canada.
- In 2018-19, the fund supported 34 initiatives, with a total of $386,991.00.
- The fund has supported projects such as:
- Classroom programs for teens about personal and social skills
- Musical and traditional activities to promote cultural awareness
- Materials about local resources and support services
- Family Violence Initiative (Public Health Agency of Canada)
- Date modified: